Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Friday, June 17, 2005

Natural Disaster

It turns out there are things other than law school I should worry about. Tsunami's and Earthquakes! What the hell? I guess I should have known, but nobody told me about this crap and I didn't even think about it. This week there was a false Tsunami scare that never happened. A Tsunami! The only thing I know about Tsuami's is what I saw a couple of months ago on t.v. and that was crazy. They also have Earthquakes here - gasp. Now, mostly everyone I talked to tells me that none of these Natural phenomenons are very common, but damn, it's still scary. I mean, we have Hurricanes and Tornados in Texas, but the Hurricanes that hit have always been chafia and the Tornados, well - yea, I guess they're bad. The only thing I knew how to do in Texas was stop, drop and roll.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Art of Brownsville said...

Yikes! Tsunamis and Earthquakes...isn't it sad how most of the beautiful places are plagued with unpredictable natural disasters. Well just keep a watchful eye and take care of yourself in nature and in Law School.

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

Don't forget that you are also living just below a dormant volcano (Mt. Rainier) that many say is due for some "activity".

That said, I think it is the rain there that would drive me nutty.

6:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the West Coast...you are now part of the Pacific Ring of Fire.

10:41 PM

 
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Are you building an arc as we speak?

6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home