Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

No Phone and the Library

It's amazing how many people in law school don't have cell phones. Yikes. I've seen more people using a pay phone at my school than I have in downtown Austin. What's up with that?

Anyway, I started school yesterday and I've spent most of my time after class in the library. I'm a bit ahead of my reading and I want to make sure I stay that way. We'll see if I can continue my trend. Aver que.

I've been surprised by the Latinos I've encountered here. My Legal Writing professor is a Chicana. The Student Bar Association president is a Chicana. I have a classmate whose mom and dad are from Texas, Edinburg and Eagle pass, respectively. They were migrant workers and ended up in Easter Washington. There are two other Mexican kids in my class, but I don't really know them. I'm hanging w/ the Russian kids for some reason. My group is three Russians and me -- they're real Russians too and today one of the kids was talking about how when he was in elementary school he would go to class and the teacher would make them sit a certain way. He had to have his arms setting on the table, one above the other. You know, the typical russian pose. And, one day he forget his little tie (for his uniform) and they kicked him out of school. Oh, and he was talking about how they had this sweet ass pencil protector. That's it.

One of the Russian girls is 20 years old! She's in freakin' law school. I told her to chill out and enjoy her 20's, but apparently she doesn't subscrible to my notion of enjoying life. She took two years to finish college and she told me her sister started law school a couple of days before she turned 18. That's ridiculous, but oh well.

That's it. I'm off.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Art of Brownsville said...

Glad to know you are doing well. Keep the reading up and try tp keep ahead of the game!

5:52 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm curious, why does law school begin in june?

5:44 PM

 
Blogger AnalisaGuzman said...

wow, yeah, why not enjoy the 20's instead....

5:54 PM

 
Blogger shopalotautosales said...

Thanks for your informative blog. Best Waterproof Phone pouch a contraption shields your phone from being dropped or harmed in pools, lakes, or different waterways. Fortunately, there are currently a lot of options for economical Waterproof Phone pouches that can drift as well as keep your phone dry and safeguarded. I am waiting for your next blog.

12:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home