Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Monday, June 06, 2005

Settling In Seattle

Damn, there is a lot of raza in this country. I'll talk more about that in future posts, but for now I find myself settling into Seattle. I arrived Saturday afternoon after driving through Texas, Arizona, Califas, and Oregon. I apologize to all of you I did not stop and visit!

We spent one night in San Diego hanging out with one of my brother's old law school classmates. He hooked us up with skybox seats to the Padres/Cubs game. It was a blast.

My brother and I have been visiting with several of his old friends. It's really cool to get to see these lawyers chatting with each other. Hopefully, it'll help me out in some way! One of the girls is working at Microsoft and in charge of the legal internship program. We'll see. I also met some other folks doing non-profit work, so it'll be a good balance.

I was watching the news when I came to visit a couple of weeks ago and guess what? I saw an old college buddy of mine. He's still doing t.v. news. George Howell is working for KOMO-TV in Seattle. He was kind enough to give us a tour of the station. It was pretty good catching up with him and I'm sure he'll be very successful.

Bueno - I'll update more as I get a chance.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, i just thought i'd say hello and wish you good luck on your current stay in seattle. sounds like you're already rubbing elbows with interesting people. Hope you enjoy it!
with luv,
another ruca from the RGV

2:21 PM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

raza, raza, everywhere---yes even in ohio

11:33 PM

 
Blogger Lucio Rodriguez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Lucio Rodriguez said...

Welcome to the West Coast Brutha. Seattle is no Los Angeles, but neither is Tejas.
Peace!
- Lucio

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Daily Texican said...

Lucio: you're right. It ain't no Tejas or L.A.

Oso: the place is o.k. Very dirty. Big house. I hope to clean the place up. Good location in Leshi, just on the edge of Madrona. I can see the Lake Washington from the hosue.

3:11 PM

 
Blogger Daily Texican said...

Yvonne: I've only hit up Tacos Guaymas on Broadway and Pike. That place is o.k., but the prices are outrageous. It looks and feels like a chain. The only reason I go is because the girls working there hook me up with free stuff!

4:49 PM

 
Blogger Chris Davis said...

Damn, there is a lot of raza in this country.

One in seven. My wife, daughter & son included.

11:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DT,

you didn't mention Nuevo Mexico on your drive itinerary? Was it that mystical driving through the heart of Aztlan that it was erased from memory?

que vivan las sopapillas!

Smokey

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home