Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

She's A Coming

My sister left Houston tonight. I'm not sure if she'll make it to her planned destination, Dallas, but she's left Houston, before Rita hits. So, I got to thinking about looting.

We saw what happened in New Orleans where desperate people broke into stores to get water and food to feed their families and where thugs stole t.v.'s and money. We also saw some people who were killed by criminals and not the storm. I wonder if I would arm myself? Considering we're in Texas, I wonder how many people are polishing up their weapons.

I'm not a big gun person, but man, I think I'd have my Carabina 30/30 cleaned and ready for action. It just got me to thinking.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's crazy how we now have to change our perspective on how we are going to deal with this storm and the reprocussions of it. Tortilla Sandwich had to evacuate as well.

12:02 AM

 
Blogger Joel said...

My wife has a lot of family in Katy and they had to evacuate... we're hoping that this is just a case of everyone being overly cautious after the New Orleans disaster.

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

you know, i've always been pretty adamant about not liking guns but then katrina happened and i heard reports of gangs having the run of the show at the astrodome b/c the were the only ones with weapons. suddenly, they don't seem like such a bad idea, i would keep my gun in a box, inside a box, inside another box and all three boxes would have a lock and key. can you tell i don't like guns?

3:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home