Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Monday, December 05, 2005

They Begin

Tomorrow is my first exam of the fall semester. Torts. It's interesting to see people stressing, staying up till all hours of the night, and walking around like zombies. The library was packed today with folks trying to cram before exams begin tomorrow. I'm pretty calm. I tend not to stress out over things like this. I mean, c'mon. Now, don't get me wrong, I'd like to do as well as the next guy, and I've been working my ass off all year, but if it doesn't happen, it just don't happen.

I'm going into a study group right now and one of the guys is freaking out. He's a nice guy and usually I wouldn't put up with people like that, but he's been very helpful all year. It's just interesting to see. I asked him if his parents put pressure on him to do well, and he said they did. I guess I'm lucky. My parents want us to succeed, but there's never been any pressure. Maybe it's because they never went to school, but I think it's because they realize there are more important things in life. The only pressure to do well is the pressure I put on myself, and at times that's overwhelming; that's when i sit back and eat a bowl of chips and hot sauce and remember that it's just school.

Bueno. Here we go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ana said...

Good Luck, Carlos! I'm sure you will do great...

4:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hope all goes well.

7:02 PM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

suerte, espero que se te fue bien.

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home